Skincare Tips & Tricks
Understanding the steps of your skincare routine is so important.
Cleanse. Tone. Nourish.
Importance of cleansing and detoxing your skin (step 1)
From the time you wake up your skin is faced with pollutants, toxins and impurities that embed themselves in your pores. You must continuously rid your skin of this buildup in order to keep your skin healthy. The first step in detoxing your skin is to cleanse it daily. At night it is most important to remove all make up and pollutants from the day. We recommend the oil cleansing method with our Spoil Me Clarifying Oil Cleanser or one of our Rosewater and Aloe based foam cleansers. These cleansers help to dislodge makeup and dirt within your pores.
Importance of double cleansing & toning your skin (step 2)
Your skin needs a double cleanse after you remove makeup and surface debris. It is important to prep your skin before nourishing it by unclogging deep within your pores and removing any excess makeup and dirt left behind. We recommend uur Willow Essence 3 n 1 cleanser/toner for your second and or morning cleanse. This 3 n 1 also helps keep your skin protected from outside pollutants while keeping your cells healthy. It also plays an important role in minimizing the look of your pores and helping to control the over production of oils.
Importance of nourishing your skin (step 3)
Don’t let adding oils to your skin care routine scare you. Many think when your skin is oily you should dry it out with alcohol based products. That is a big no no. Drying out your oily skin will only cause it to produce more oil. When your skin is dry its natural defense is to naturally hydrate it by producing more oils, but as you age, you don’t produce as much oil, so your skin becomes dryer quicker. Isn’t that ironic? Your oily skin can actually be caused from it being overly dry. When you have an over production of oil and you are not cleansing and exfoliating properly it can clog your pores and lead to break outs. Adding oil to your skin care routine will help even out your skins natural oil production, replenish dry skin and help you maintain healthy and properly nourished skin. Our oils are 100% non comedogenic, so you never have to worry about them clogging your pores. They are light weight and perfect for all skin types. We recommend any of our 3 facial oils, Glow Glam, HempRose and Skin Love.
Now I know we talked about not drying out your skin, but if you have acne and need to spot treat or control the surface oils to help get your acne under control, you are safe to use our Treat Me Right Sulfur+Frankincense face mask, just make sure to follow up with one of our oils to replenish your skin after the mask.
What else can I do to help maintain my new healthy skin?
Aside from using our amazing skin care products keep in mind that beautiful healthy skin does not just come from what you put on it. Keeping a healthy gut helps to control the bad bacteria in your body which can come out in your pores and cause acne. There are several ways to begin your journey in being healthy on the inside and the outside.
- Stay hydrated so things keep moving along smoothly in your gut. Hydrated skin is also more plump and revitialized looking.
- Eat clean! Lots of fresh veggies and fruit and stay away from fast food.
- Studies have shown that creating a more alkaline atmosphere in your body will help with inflammation and acne.
- Juice daily or make smoothies with celery and other leafy greens.
- Avoid sugars (accept from natural resources like fruit0, breads and processed carbs. These can dehydrate your skin and also cause break outs.
- Take a good probiotic to help level out the good and bad bacteria plus yeast in your gut.
- Natural vitamin D is great for the inside and outside of your body, just remember your sun screen.
- Keep your phone clean and off your face. Phones carry tons of bacteria that can be getting into your skin.
- Take a good collagen daily, I recommend Vital Proteins or Garden of Life brand (no affiliations)
- Lay off the coffee a bit, caffeine can throw off your bodies natural pH balance creating inflammation on your skin.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Use a clean applicator when applying your makeup, never use your fingers.
- Keep your fingers off your face throughout the day.
- Do not wash your face multiple times a day. Cleansing your skin too often during the day can strip its natural oils and cause dryness and breakouts. If you feel you need to cleanse during the day after a work out or being outside and sweating, simply rinse with water and wait til night to do your normal face cleansing.
- Do not use any harsh manual exfoliators on your face, this includes coffee scrubs, sugar scrubs ect.. These can cause micro tears in your skin and can cause break outs
- Try not to pop your pimples, let them go away naturally. If you do though make sure you use a pimple extractor and leave it alone once it has been extracted. The clear stuff that comes out afterwards is your bodies natural way of getting ready for the healing process. Do not continue you expel that substance. It will dry naturally and create a protection over the area. Try not to pick at the skin as it heals, even though it may appear “ugly” and the surface uneven it will heal quicker and will not scar.
And remember patience…your body will need a few weeks to adapt to your new healthy skin care regimen.