Skincare Tips & Tricks
Importance of cleansing and nourishing your skin
Importance of cleansing your skin
From the time you wake up your skin is faced with pollutants, toxins and impurities that embed themselves in your pores. You must continuously rid your skin of this buildup in order to keep your skin healthy. The first step in detoxing your skin is to cleanse it daily. At night it is most important to remove all make up and pollutants from the day. We recommend the oil cleansing method to remove make up first and then follow with a gentle, non parfume cleanser and please stay away from harsh ingredients!
Why cleanse first with an oil based cleanser?
The oil cleansing method is safe and effective approach in removing make up and sunscreen for all skin types. It is important to remove the days make up and sunscreen from your pores before you are able to thoroughly cleanse your skin. Most makeups and sun screens are water resistance so the oil based cleansers help to “dissolve” and remove the build up quicker and easier. After you massage the oil on your skin, gently rinse with warm water and then follow up with your cleanser.
Importance of nourishing your skin
Once you have cleansed your skin your natural barrier has been disrupted. Many feel a sense of dryness and tightness in their skin. Moisturizing your skin and replenishing that moisture is key when maintaining the overall health of your skin. Humectants play a huge role in allowing the skin to naturally retain moisture.
What else can I do to help maintain my new healthy skin?
Aside from using our amazing skin care products keep in mind that beautiful healthy skin does not just come from what you put on it. Keeping a healthy gut helps to control the bad bacteria in your body which can come out in your pores and cause acne and dehydrated skin. There are several ways to begin your journey in being healthy on the inside and the outside.
- Stay hydrated so things keep moving along smoothly in your gut. Hydrated skin is also more plump and revitalized.
- Eat clean! Lots of fresh veggies and fruit and stay away from fast food.
- Studies have shown that creating a more alkaline atmosphere in your body will help with inflammation and acne.
- Juice daily or make smoothies with celery and other leafy greens.
- Avoid sugars (accept from natural resources like fruit0, breads and processed carbs. These can dehydrate your skin and also cause break outs.
- Take a good probiotic to help level out the good and bad bacteria plus yeast in your gut.
- Natural vitamin D is great for the inside and outside of your body, just remember your sun screen.
- Keep your phone clean and off your face. Phones carry tons of bacteria that can be getting into your skin.
- Take a good collagen daily, I recommend Vital Proteins or Garden of Life brand (no affiliations)
- Lay off the coffee a bit, caffeine can throw off your bodies natural pH balance creating inflammation on your skin.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Use a clean applicator when applying your makeup, never use your fingers.
- Keep your fingers off your face throughout the day.
- Do not wash your face multiple times a day. Cleansing your skin too often during the day can strip its natural oils and cause dryness and breakouts. If you feel you need to cleanse during the day after a work out or being outside and sweating, simply rinse with water and wait til night to do your normal face cleansing.
- Do not use any harsh manual exfoliators on your face, this includes coffee scrubs, sugar scrubs ect.. These can cause micro tears in your skin and can cause break outs
- Try not to pop your pimples, let them go away naturally. If you do though make sure you use a pimple extractor and leave it alone once it has been extracted. The clear stuff that comes out afterwards is your bodies natural way of getting ready for the healing process. Do not continue you expel that substance. It will dry naturally and create a protection over the area. Try not to pick at the skin as it heals, even though it may appear “ugly” and the surface uneven it will heal quicker and will not scar.
And remember patience…your body will need a few weeks to adapt to your new healthy skin care regimen.